What is Pupil Premium?
Pupil premium funding is a national initiative, launched in 2011, designed to raise attainment for all disadvantaged pupils.
Cooks Spinney's Approach
Cooks Spinney’s strategy aims to reduce all aspects of inequality. Our approach is rooted in tackling the literacy gap in the classroom and other significant causes of disadvantage.
We work hard to address:
• Fluency in reading and/or limited vocabulary - We will help all pupils access the wider school curriculum through reading.
• Oral communication skills - We will ensure pupils can demonstrate their understanding, express their feelings and ask questions.
• Self-esteem and confidence - Pupils must feel successful in their learning and aware of their value to the school.
• Improving staff knowledge and skills - Staff must be aware of, and equipped to tackle, the barriers facing our disadvantaged pupils.
• Labelling and bias - All staff must be objective in the pursuit of high expectations for all pupils regardless of background.