Community DonationsPosted: 9th December 2020
Our school is benefitting from a wealth of donations from our community.
Parents and neighbours of Cooks Spinney Primary Academy are supporting the school by gifting items to be used to benefit the children.
In the last few weeks, the school has received –
- seven computer monitors from Shadowfax Tech, which will act as back-ups to ensure computing lessons are not interrupted by technical issues
- 12 tablet devices from Shadowfax Tech
- two Parrot drones with docking stations. Pupils will learn to programme and fly the drones and take aerial photos of the school and community as part of their computing, history, geography and maths lessons
- a donation of furniture from an office clearout, including a boardroom table and chairs, cupboards, sideboard for art room and a sofa for the school’s reception
- hedgehog houses made and donated by a former pupil for the school’s nature area
- a 15ft real Christmas tree donated by Larkins Farm
Headteacher Neil Stirrat said: “Our parents and community are always thinking of us. We have not appealed for donations; this is just people considering what might be of benefit to us.
“With the drones, for example, there are so many ways pupils will be able to use them; including carrying out a survey of the school, seeing the school from a different perspective and learning about the history of the school.
“When a computer goes down in our computing suite, it really has an impact on lessons, so having these donated monitors as spares will be of real benefit.
“We are very grateful for these donations.”