Cooks Spinney Primary Academy and Nursery is committed to developing an excellent provision for young carers and their families.
We will capture the commitment by widening our provision, building on the needs of the young people and better meet young carers’ needs by reviewing our provision for young carers with a view to ultimately achieving best practice.
How we will achieve this:
- The whole school is committed to meeting the needs of young carers so that they can attend and enjoy school in the same way as other pupil/students and achieve their potential.
- We have appointed Mrs Wilson as designated Young Carers Operational Lead with responsibility for young carers and their families. Pupils and families are able to contact Mrs Wilson access support by either calling the general school number or emailing email@example.com
- The school only shares information with professionals and agencies on a need to know basis in order to support pupils and their families.
- Cooks Spinney Primary Academy and Nursery will actively seek feedback and ideas from young carers and their families to shape and improve support.
- The school has an effective referral system and strong partnership in place with relevant external agencies, including referral to Young Carer agencies providing key workers who will work with young carers and families.
We will strive to achieve best practice for students and families in our school in order to provide them with the best chance of success in their future.