At Cooks Spinney we encourage all children to extend their learning at home.
Please download the attached document at the bottom of this page for lots of links to free learning resources.
Don't forget - Cooks Spinney Primary Academy and Nursery provide free pupil accounts for Mathletics, Reading Eggs and Letterjoin.
Please use the links below to access your account. If you have forgotten your username and/or password please speak to your child's class teacher or the school office.
We also recommend signing up to Khan Academy online learning community. Khan Academy is a non-profit organisation with the mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. www.khanacademy.org/
ADDITIONAL FREE RESOURCES DURING ENFORCED SCHOOL CLOSURE
Oak National Academy
Additional support for home-learning has been launched by the government in the form of Oak National Academy. Cooks Spinney recommend that this website is used to help support home learning in addition to the curriculum overviews at the bottom of this page. Oak National Academy will provide 3 high-quality online lessons per day for pupils studying at home (reception to Yr6).
We understand this may be a confusing time for parents and carers and we appreciate your patience. Our message is that any home learning will be beneficial so do not worry. Although Oak National Academy resources may not match our curriculum exactly, we recommend it is used daily in addition to any other home learning you have planned.
What is Oak National Academy?
- Oak National Academy is a new collection of high-quality lessons and online resources.
- Backed by the Government, it has been created in response to the coronavirus lockdown.
- Their online classroom offers free access to great teachers, delivering video lessons, quizzes and worksheets. Available for both primary and secondary levels, it covers a range of subjects.
- All of the lessons are ordered so your child can learn along a clear plan and the academy will provide new lessons and resources each week.
How does it work?
- Each Oak National Academy lesson will be an hour long, with elements such as a quiz, a video explanation from the teacher and a worksheet.
- Each lesson has been created by a subject expert in a careful plan.
- Pupils can use all the lessons and resources in their entirety, following along the set plan of content for each subject. Click the Schedule button when inside the online classroom to follow along.
- You do not need to create an account or sign in.
- Follow the link below to get started today.
- Twinkl Learning are offering free pupil accounts to all during enforced school closure. This is open to every parent and carer so pupils can still have access to high-quality learning during any periods of closure. Setting this up is really easy - go to twinkl.co.uk/offer and enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS
- Classroom Secrets are also offering free access to support pupils during school closure. Visit classroomsecrets.co.uk to sign up for a free account.
- Teachit Primary are offering free, umlimited access to all thier learning resources. No code, no payment details, no tie-ins. Visit www.teachitprimary.co.uk/coronavirus to benefit.
- Audible.co.uk are offering free audiobooks to all children during the enforced school closures - please visit stories.audible.com/start-listen to start listening
- Sir Linkalot (award-winning spelling app) are offering free 12-week subscriptions to their app. Visit www.sirlinkalot.org/ to sign up.
- World Reader has a link for children to keep reading during this time. All books are free. They can be accessed on many devices using a web browser or google play. worldreader.org/keep-children-reading/
- Free Rice - Boost your vocabulary and end world hunger! For every correct answer, freerice.com will donate 10 grains of rice to people in need around the world.
- Sooper Books is a trusted online library for 4-12 year olds bringing award-winning children's stories to schools and families across the UK at the touch of a button. Parents can gain unlimited access to all of the stories via this link: sooperbooks.com/bedtime-stories/
- White Rose Hub Maths are offering free daily video maths lessons plus matching resources for all age groups. Visit whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/ to take part - This is the scheme Cooks Spinney uses to teach mathematics so we throughly recommend this website!
- Free Rice - Boost your maths skills and end world hunger! For every correct answer, freerice.com will donate 10 grains of rice to people in need around the world.
- Youth Sport Trust - For PE home learning sessions click this free link youthsporttrust.org/pe-home-learning
- The Body Coach (Joe Wicks) - Don't forget to log on to Joe's Youtube channel at 9am each weekday morning for a live PE lesson! www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1
Computing and Coding Resources
- Hour of Code - Get your coding fix with these free activities. hourofcode.com/uk
- HOME LEARNING ACTIVITIES BMAT18th Mar 2020
- Nursery Curriculum Overview during closure20th Apr 2020
- Reception Curriculum Overview during closure20th Apr 2020
- Yr1 Curriculum Overview during closure20th Apr 2020
- Yr2 curriculum overview during closure20th Apr 2020
- Yr3 curriculum overview during closure20th Apr 2020
- Yr4 curriculum overview during closure20th Apr 2020
- Yr5 curriculum overview during closure20th Apr 2020
- Yr6 English lesson resources during closure20th Apr 2020
- Yr 3 Key terminology20th Apr 2020
- Yr2 Reading - The Velveteen Rabbit20th Apr 2020
- Year 3 Migration Homework book27th Apr 2020
- Year 2 The Velveteen Rabbit Knowledge Organiser27th Apr 2020
- Year 2 The Velveteen Rabbit Homework Workbook27th Apr 2020
- Year 5 The Wolves of Willoughby Chase Homework Book04th May 2020
- Year 4 Week 3 Poetry Homeworking Book11th May 2020
- Year 3 Homeworking Booklet - Migration11th May 2020
- Year 6 Maths - Week 2 Statistics18th May 2020
- Year 4 Week 4 Poetry Homeworking Book18th May 2020
- Year 1 Phonics Workbook 118th May 2020
- Year 1 Phonics Workbook 218th May 2020
- Year 1 Phonics Workbook 318th May 2020
- Year 5 The Wolves of Willoughby Chase Homework Book 218th May 2020