Music is taught in three annual modules in years 1 - 6 by class teachers.
Why is the teaching of music important for primary schools?
Please watch this short clip to understand why teaching of music is so important for our pupils.
What is taught?
Pupils are taught music using Charanga.
Charanga is an award-winning, modern-day resource for primary music which includes:
- A complete scheme to teach the national curriculum for music.
- A library of songs, topics, instrument courses and creative apps.
- Support for assessment, SEND and personalised teaching and learning.
For more information about Charanga - please visit https://charanga.com/
In order to promote music, Cooks Spinney also:
- Host a whole school singing assembly every Wednesday morning.
- Invite tribute acts to perform for the school (in 2019 we welcomed 'Imagine: The Beatles Experience')
- In the Summer term, we host our annual talent show - Spinney's Got Talent!
- We provide specialist teaching of recorder for all pupils in year 4.
- We work with local specialist teachers of music to provide bespoke workshops.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR MUSIC CURRICULUM PLEASE MAKE AN APPOINTMENT ON 01279 437590