At Cooks Spinney we have high expectations of behaviour and conduct for our pupils. Children in all year groups are taught to take responsibility for their actions and make positive choices regarding their conduct. The school uses a variety of initiatives to manage and reward behaviour. Please see below for further details.
The school has 6 simple 'Golden Rules' which are reinforced throughout the school including during assemblies. The Golden Rules are easy to follow and clear for children of all ages and abilities to understand. We insist that all children follow these rules during the school day.
1. We are gentle - we don't harm others.
2. We are kind and helpful - we don't hurt other's feelings.
3. We listen - we don't interrupt.
4. We are honest - we don't cover up the truth.
5. We work hard - we don't waste time.
6. We look after property - we don't damage things.
Effort Points and Achievement Apples
Effort points are rewarded at the class teacher's discretion for children making a positive move forward in their learning or behaviour.
Effort points are converted into Pips, and Pips lead to an Achievement Apple.
Achievement Apples are awarded in Friday's Achievement Assembly and families are invited along to share this special experience.
Our behaviour policy is available to download from our Key Information.