Nursery Home Learning
I hope you're all keep safe at home. We miss seeing you at Nursery!
To start off this week I want so say a huge well done to everyone who completed all or some of last week’s challenges! Thank you to all the grown up's who sent in some photos of your home learning. Please can I stress how important it is that we keep in contact whilst we are not at Nursery. It is really beneficial for your child to watch the story time videos with the teacher's in order for your children to keep a connection to school. When we do return we hope that the children will still be familiar with us through watching our story times and completing some challenges for Nursery.
This week we are going to focus our learning around the topic 'Transport'. Our story times and activities will be based around this topic and we will have a different focus each week until we return.
Here are your five challenges for the week:
- Talk about all the different types of Transport. How many can you think of? If you are going out for a walk, how many different modes of transport can you see?
- Play a game of I spy with your grownup. "I spy with my little eye something beginning with S." This is a great way to help your child to begin to hear initial sounds. If you need some help to learn the letter sounds, here's a video to teach you- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkXcabDUg7Q
- Can you create a repeating pattern from two things? For example- red sock, blue sock, red sock, blue sock. I would love to see some photos of your patterns.
- Design your dream form of transport through drawing, painting or creating through junk modelling.
- Learn/ Talk about Road Safety. When out and about can you learn how to safely cross the road? I have attached a Powerpoint presentation that may help or you could watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTJUBz6Rps0
Home learning packs- If you do not have access to a printer and you would like a printed home learning pack, please leave a comment or email me. We can print packs and have them available for collection in the school office.
Cbeebies and BBC IPlayer are offering a great selection of content to support your child's learning at home. I have attached a picture to this post with a timetable of everything they offer. You can view their content here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/tv/cbeebies
Please get in touch if there is anything I can do to help support you at home, I am here to help. My email is- firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't forget to share some photos of you completing the five challenges!
Ms. Mead, Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Moxham
12th January 2021
Flashing Fire Engines